The Americas ReportFebruary 14, 2008Highlighted Story - "Iranian Threat Already in the US' Backyard."Main News -
Ecuador negotiating release of FARC hostages. Record Cash Reserves in Ecuador.Honduras to start buying oil from Venezuela.Download report (pdf - 543 kb)
- NEWS FLASH: CITGO CHANGING NAME TO PETRO EXPRESS.
- Nicaraguan ambassador in Iran supports Iran's right for use of nuclear energy. Rift between Colombia and Nicaragua.
- Venezuela: Pdvsa halts oil supplies to Exxon Mobil. Court upholds freezing of USD 300 million of Pdvsa assets. The US supports Exxon in legal dispute with Pdvsa. Coca-Cola workers in Venezuela call for end of blockades. General Baduel says there's discontent in the National Armed Forces.
- Brazil: Iran in "Talks" With Petrobras on Caspian Project.
- Unbelievable: No FTA with Colombia this. Pressure from labor unions in the US.
- Argentina: Lebanese leader implicated in AMIA case dies. Argentina/Venezuela agree to exchange beef-flour for oil. President Cristina ready to travel and patch up relations with USA.
- US Calls on Colombia's FARC to Release Hostages.
- Panama Canal Contracts under Investigation.
- Bolivia Prepares for Referendums.