The Americas ReportApril 24, 2008Highlighted Story - "The Truth about the Colombian Trade Unions." News -
Dowload report ( pdf - 296 kb)
- Iran enlarges oil cooperation with Venezuela. Presidents of ALBA member states to hold unexpected summit in Caracas. Endogenous development plan focuses on socialist ownership. Venezuela's reserves made official at 99.3 billion barrels of oil.
- Nicaragua: Ortega welcomes FARC terrorists.
- Paraguay: Ex Bishop Fernando Lugo elected President.
- Cuban regime arrests "Ladies in White."
- Colombia's Chavista Córdoba lobbies for agreement with FARC with Chávez's help.
- Peru to investigate Houses of ALBA.
- Argentinian Techint expects Venezuela to pay USD 3.6 billion for stake in Sidor.
- Bolivia's Morales calls to exterminate capitalism. ALBA voices support to Bolivia's Evo Morales.
- Sarkozy rules out meeting with Presidents Chávez and Uribe.