The Americas ReportMay 15, 2008Highlighted Story - "APRODEH: An NGO for Terrorists and Criminals."Main News -
Download report (pdf - 335 kb)
- Colombia Extradites Top Paramilitary Leaders to US.
- Interpol Confirms Authenticity of FARC Raul Reyes' Computer Files.
- cuadorian President Correa Took $100,000 from FARC to Fund Campaign. Ecuador and Venezuela to incorporate company to build up refinery in May.
- More on the FARC Documents: Nicaragua and FMLN.
- Chavez Says Colombia Seeks War with Venezuela. Venezuela records the highest food prices in Latin America. Venezuelan government curbs consumption despite oil boom. A USD 800,000-stuffed suitcase allegedly watched over by Venezuela's Pdvsa. Government says FARC leader Iván Márquez is not in Venezuela. Chavez attacks Spanish King and German Chancellor.
- Peru's García unable to withhold Chávez. EU-Latam Summit Underway in Peru.
- Dominican Republic to hold elections this week.
- Mexican Citizens Alarmed as Drug Violence Escalates.
- Argentine Farmers Win Support for Export Tax Repeal.